#Roadtrip: North Dakota
Time to hit the road!
The premise behind this theme is to pick a location, and highlight some or all of the musical artists (not inclusive) that are associated with that location. The locations will not be limited to the continental United States. We’re going Everywhere!
From Nebraska (our previous stop) we’re going to head North to North Dakota, where our venue today will feature these artists:
Today’s Roadtrip Playlist:
- Bobby Vee - Robert Thomas Velline (April 30, 1943 – October 24, 2016), known professionally as Bobby Vee, was an American singer, songwriter and musician who was a teen idol in the early 1960s and also appeared in films. According to Billboard magazine, he had thirty-eight Hot 100 chart hits, ten of which reached the Top 20. He had six gold singles in his career. Today’s Song: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Peggy Lee - Norma Deloris Egstrom (May 26, 1920 – January 21, 2002), known professionally as Peggy Lee, was an American jazz and popular music singer, songwriter, composer, and actress, over a career spanning six decades. From her beginning as a vocalist on local radio to singing with Benny Goodman's big band, Lee created a sophisticated persona, writing music for films, acting, and recording conceptual record albums combining poetry and music. Today’s Song: Fever
- Lynn Anderson - Lynn Rene Anderson (September 26, 1947 – July 30, 2015) was an American country singer, songwriter and television personality. She is most remembered for her 1970 signature recording, "Rose Garden." Additionally, Anderson had four number one singles and 18 top ten hits on the Billboard country songs chart. Today’s Song: How Can I Unlove You
- Wiz Khalifa - Cameron Jibril Thomaz (born September 8, 1987), better known by his stage name Wiz Khalifa, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. He released his debut album, Show and Prove, in 2006, and signed to Warner Bros. Records in 2007. His Eurodance-influenced single, "Say Yeah", received urban radio airplay, charting on the Rhythmic Top 40 and Hot Rap Tracks charts in 2008, becoming his first minor hit. Today’s Song: Black and Yellow
- ‘Dakota’ Dave Hull - "Dakota" Dave Hull (born April 19, 1950 in Fargo, North Dakota) is an American acoustic fingerstyle guitarist who plays in a variety of styles: blues, gospel, ragtime, and folk music. He is also a recognized music historian and published one book, 2012's Ragtime Guitar in the Classic American Style. Today’s Song: Snakers Gone
I’m trying to keep the playlists to 5 tunes each, so if you know of an artist associated with the location that was not featured, be sure to mention them in the comments. There’s always a good chance we’ll be re-visiting locations. I’m also open to suggestions for locations. In the meantime, I’m just meandering around the continent.
See you again soon!