Song Lyric Sunday: SLEEP
Time again for Song Lyric Sunday!
The Idea was formed by Helen @ This Thing Called Life One Word At A Time. She has presented us with the word prompt of SLEEP for this week.
When I think of ‘sleep’ I think of peacefulness and the quiet of the night. Earlier this week I was surprised in my inbox - learning that I won a Grand Prize of 100+ books for my kindle. All genres were represented. Of course, the authors emailed me individually with either the code or file to claim their book. This was a few days ago and I’m still receiving emails. Why am I telling you this? Well, one of the authors emailed me his book. His genre is HORROR. I try to stay away from Horror, because I live alone and sometimes my imagination takes over when reading a well-written book. So in my Thank You reply to him, I told him it would be his fault if I couldn’t sleep at night!
I had a few thoughts about today’s prompt. At first I thought about one of my favorite songs, “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac, and then I thought about going the lullaby route.
And then… this song popped into my head. Perfect outside of the box thinking!
"Silent Lucidity" is a single by the American progressive metal band Queensrÿche from the 1990 album Empire. The song was the biggest hit for the band, peaking at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at #1 on the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart. The song was composed by lead guitarist Chris DeGarmo. Queensrÿche performed the song live at the Grammy Awards of 1992, for being nominated in the category of "Best Rock Song", and featured a supporting orchestra. The song did not win the Grammy; it did however win the MTV Viewer's Choice Award for its music video
The rules for playing along:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
I’d like to take a quick moment to invite you to join me in a month-long Blog Hop during the month of October. Don’t let the month-long thing scare you away. You can participate as many times as you’d like during the month. There will be a fresh linky each day. Click the image below for more information.