#SongLyricSunday : Will It Go Round In Circles
Time again for Song Lyric Sunday! (okay, truth be told… It’s really mid-day Friday, but I wanted to get my post written and scheduled as it is one less thing to worry about) . Hopefully Jim or anyone else won’t pick this same song, but if they do - all I can say is Great minds think alike!
Jim over at A Unique Title For Me has stepped up as Guest Host for this fun weekly post. Thank you, Jim!
This week our word prompt is “Harmony/Melody/Music”.
I had a few songs come to mind for this prompt, and over this past week, I’ve mulled them over in my head, and I’ve decided to go with the one that I kept going back to.
Wikipedia tells us this about the song:
"Will It Go Round in Circles" is a song by American soul musician Billy Preston from his 1972 album Music Is My Life. It was written by Preston and Bruce Fisher. After its release as a single in March 1973, the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States for two weeks, and sold over a million copies. The song was the first of two number 1 hits for Preston as a solo performer, the other being "Nothing from Nothing", although he is also credited on the Beatles' 1969 hit "Get Back".
The song was covered by Donny Osmond on his 2009 album Love Songs Of The '70s. Phish covered the song twice in 1999, including on 10 September at The Gorge Amphitheatre. Orlando Brown covered the song for the 2006 soundtrack album That's So Raven Too!, for his Disney Channel series That's So Raven, his cover was also included the Disney Channel original film Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior.
If you are fan of the television series House, here is a pleasant surprise for you:
Song Lyric Sunday Rules for participation (note: you don’t need to participate to comment or visit):
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
Did you enjoy today’s post? Be sure to check out Jim’s post to see the other participants and come back next week for more Song Lyric Sunday fun!