#SongLyricSunday : Video Killed The Radio Star
It’s Song Lyric Sunday, and we have another fun prompt from Jim over at A Unique Title For Me who has stepped up as Guest Host for this weekly post.
This week our word prompt is “Record/Juke Box/DJ/Radio”.
Known for being the first official music video to air on MTV (remember when it really was Music TV?) on August 1, 1981 and also the first video aired on MTV Classic on March 1, 2010. They say that ‘Video Killed the Radio Star’ and Reality Television killed the Video Star.
Written by Trevor Horn, Geoff Downes and Bruce Woolley in 1978. It was first recorded by Bruce Woolley and The Camera Club (with Thomas Dolby on keyboards) for their album English Garden, and later by British group the Buggles, consisting of Horn and Downes.
Song Lyric Sunday Rules for participation (note: you don’t need to participate to comment):
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
Be sure to check in tomorrow for lots of fun posts!
Did you enjoy today’s post? Be sure to check out Jim’s post to see the other participants and come back next week for more Song Lyric Sunday fun!