#4M: Oh, Brother! Part 4
It’s a new month, and we have a new musical conductor. Cathy from Curious As A Cathy gets to choose our themes this month. Today’s theme is Free Choice.
In the past, we talked about bands composed of siblings, or siblings with friends. This is a continuation of that post. I should note, the source that I am using is rather lengthy. I am only sharing bands that I am familiar with.
Please enjoy this week’s playlist:
- The Spencer Davis Group, a British band formed in Birmingham, England, by Spencer Davis with Steve Winwood, his brother, Muff Winwood and Pete York. Today’s Song: I’m A Man
- The Darkness, an English rock band, Justin and Dan Hawkins. Today’s Song: I Believe In A Thing Called Love
- DeBarge, an American R&B music group composed of brothers Mark, Randy, El, Bobby, James, and sister Bunny. Today’s Song: Rhythm Of The Night
- Devo, an American new-wave band, Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh, with Gerald and Bob Casale. Today’s Song: Whip It
- Dire Straits, a British rock band, Mark and David Knopfler. Today’s Song: Sultans of Swing
- The Dixie Cups, a girl group, with sisters Barbara Ann & Rosa Lee Hawkins and their cousin Joan Marie Johnson. Today’s Song: Chapel of Love
- Earth, Wind & Fire, The band was founded in Chicago by Maurice White in 1969, having grown out of a previous band known as the Salty Peppers. As well other prominent members of EWF have included Philip Bailey, Verdine White, Ralph Johnson, Larry Dunn, Al McKay, Roland Bautista, Robert Brookins, Sonny Emory, Fred Ravel, Ronnie Laws, Sheldon Reynolds and Andrew Woolfolk. The band is known for its kalimba sound, dynamic horn section, energetic and elaborate stage shows, and the contrast between Philip Bailey's falsetto vocals and Maurice White's baritone. Today’s Song: September
- The Everly Brothers, an American country-influenced band, Philip and Isaac Donald Everly. Today’s Song: All I Have To Do Is Dream
- A Flock of Seagulls, an English new wave and synth-pop band originally formed in 1979 in Liverpool by Michael "Mike" Score (lead vocals, keyboards), his brother Alister "Ali" James Score (drums), and Francis Lee "Frank" Maudsley (bass), with their most famous line-up consisting of the Score brothers, Maudsley, and lead guitarist Paul Reynolds. Today’s Song: I Ran (So Far Away)
- The Gap Band, an American R&B group fronted by brothers Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson, and Robert Wilson. Today’s Song: Outstanding
To be continued....
Today’s post is part of the Monday’s Music Moves Me blog hop, hosted by X-Mas Dolly, and co-hosted by Stacy Uncorked, Curious as a Cathy. , and Ramblin with AM. Be sure to stop by the hosts and visit the other participants. If you have a MUSIC* post, feel free to join in the fun! *sorry non-music posts are not permitted in this blog hop.