Time to hit the road!
The premise behind this theme is to pick a location, and highlight some or all of the musical artists (not inclusive) that are associated with that location. The locations will not be limited to the continental United States. We’re going Everywhere!
From Montana (our previous stop) we’re going to head southeast to Wyoming, where our venue today will feature these artists:
Today’s Roadtrip Playlist:
- Chris LeDoux - was an American country music singer-songwriter, bronze sculptor, and hall of fame rodeo champion. During his career LeDoux recorded 36 albums (many self-released) which have sold more than six million units in the United States as of January 2007. He was awarded two gold and one platinum album certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), was nominated for a Grammy Award, and was honored with the Academy of Country Music Music Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award. LeDoux is also the only person to participate and also perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Chris passed away in 2005. He had bile duct cancer. Today’s Song: This Cowboy’s Hat
- Luke Bell - an American country musician and singer-songwriter from Cody, Wyoming. According to Rolling Stone, Bell "... plays classic honky-tonk with a wink and a yodel that summons the sleeping ghosts of country better than any voodoo spell ever could.” Today’s Song: Where Ya Been?
- Chancey Williams - an American country music singer-songwriter and former saddle bronc rider. He and fellow Wyoming artist and rodeo cowboy Chris LeDoux are the only two individuals to compete in the rodeo and perform on the main stage of Cheyenne Frontier Days. Chancey Williams and the Younger Brothers Band's newest Album "3rd Street" released May 22, 2020. It is their 5th album. Today’s Song: Rodeo Cold Beer
- Spencer Bohren - an American roots musician, singer, songwriter, teacher, and visual artist. He played guitar, lap steel guitar, banjo, and percussion, and utilized the roots of American traditional music to write songs in blues, country, gospel and folk styles. He has released fourteen albums since 1984. He was born in Casper, Wyoming and passed away June 2019 at his home in New Orleans. He had prostate cancer. Today’s Song: Ghost Train
- The Lillingtons - .a pop punk band from Newcastle, Wyoming. Today’s Song: I Need Some Brain Damage
I’m trying to keep the playlists to 5 tunes each, so if you know of an artist associated with the location that was not featured, be sure to mention them in the comments. There’s always a good chance we’ll be re-visiting locations. I’m also open to suggestions for locations. In the meantime, I’m just meandering around the continent.
See you again soon!