#SongLyricSunday : School of Rock
It’s Song Lyric Sunday, and we have another fun prompt from Jim over at A Unique Title For Me who has stepped up as Guest Host for this weekly post.
This week our word prompt is “School/Books/Learning”.
Once again, I find myself with a wide range of songs to choose from. Many I have previously shared during ‘Back to School’ themes. But some are worthy of re-visiting.
I had originally thought I was going to write about 'Smokin In The Boys Room' - But then I remembered that March is Music Education Month. There is nothing that screams ‘music and education’ louder than ‘School of Rock’. And believe it or not, I’ve not written about that before.
School of Rock is a 2003 comedy film directed by Richard Linklater, produced by Scott Rudin, and written by Mike White. The film stars Jack Black, Joan Cusack, White, and Sarah Silverman. Black plays struggling rock guitarist Dewey Finn, who is kicked out of his band and subsequently disguises himself as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school. After witnessing the musical talent of his students, Dewey forms a band of fourth-graders to attempt to win the upcoming Battle of the Bands and pay off his rent.
The song that I have chosen from this film is ‘Zach’s Song’, which is the official theme song from the film.
Song Lyric Sunday Rules for participation (note: you don’t need to participate to comment):
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
Speaking of Battle of the Bands - Be sure to check out my latest battle! It would mean the world to me if you would stop by to cast your vote.
Did you enjoy today’s post? Be sure to check out Jim’s post to see the other participants and come back next week for more Song Lyric Sunday fun!