#4M: Oh, Brother!
It’s a new month, and we have a new musical conductor. Stacy from Stacy Uncorked gets to choose our themes this month. Today’s theme is Songs about Family or Siblings.
Well, you know me. I’m a rebel. I’m taking a bit of privilege with this one. Mostly because this is a topic that The Cute One asked me to post about recently. So, instead of Songs about Family or Siblings, I’ve got bands that are only siblings; others were formed of siblings and their friends. And just a head's up - this project sent me down a serious rabbit hole. Stay tuned to find out just how serious this is...
Please enjoy this week’s playlist:
- 30 Seconds to Mars, an American rock band, Jared and Shannon Leto - Today’s Song: Rescue Me
- 98 Degrees, an American pop and R&B vocal group whose founding member include brothers Nick and Drew Lachey Today’s Song: I Do (Cherish You)
- AC/DC, an Australian rock band, Malcolm and Angus Young Today’s Song: Thunderstruck
- Ace of Base, a Swedish quartet that includes three Berggren siblings Today’s Song: All That She Wants
- The Allman Brothers Band, an American southern jam band led by Gregg Allman and the late Duane Allman Today’s Song: Midnight Rider
- The Andrews Sisters, an American close-harmony singing group, LaVerne Sophia, Maxene Angelyn, and Patricia "Patty" Marie Andrews Today’s Song: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Atlantic Starr began in Greenburgh, New York with trumpeter Duke Jones (who left the band prior to their first recordings), drummer Porter Carroll Jr., bassist Clifford Archer, percussionist and flautist Joseph Phillips, Sheldon Tucker (Guitar; parted ways with the band before the first recordings), and three brothers: David Lewis (vocals/guitar), Wayne Lewis (keyboards and vocals), and Jonathan Lewis (percussion and trombone). Today’s Song: Always
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Canadian rock band from Winnipeg Manitoba Randy, Tim, and Robbie Bachman Today’s Song:You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet
- The Band Perry, an American music group composed of siblings Kimberly, Reid, and Neil Perry Today’s Song: If I Die Young
- The Bangles, American pop band with sisters Vicki and Debbi Peterson. Today’s Song: Eternal Flame
To be continued....
Today’s post is part of the Monday’s Music Moves Me blog hop, hosted by X-Mas Dolly, and co-hosted by Stacy Uncorked, Curious as a Cathy. , and Ramblin with AM. Be sure to stop by the hosts and visit the other participants. If you have a MUSIC* post, feel free to join in the fun! *sorry non-music posts are not permitted in this blog hop.